vendredi 2 mars 2007

14-18






Strong tempera on Canson paper.

The title refers to WW1, it's what a friend said when he saw that.
And I was thinking about teen age, between 14 and 18 years old, the most sensitive period of a life.

There is Hope, anger and depression. That's how I felt during my own teenage time.
Confusion with what we were told and taught, what we were seeing around us, and what we were dreaming of.

I don't claim to be a painter, I just want to express my emotions through all visual arts I can access.
I'm a photographer at first, and this is also why I take pictures of my pieces, and of what surround it when creating.

It was a real pleasure to throw drop of colors all around, more expressive to me than flat lines.
So my roomate show me a book about Jackson Pollock and abstract expressionism painters, and then I realize that maybe I could understand modern art ;)

Aucun commentaire: